Rotary Visionaries has developed a donation refund policy as part of our commitment to honoring and respecting the financial contributions that people make to Rotary Visionaries. All donations are disbursed in a timely fashion to Rotary Visionaries supported projects working with children to ensure that the program objectives are met. Rotary Visionaries relies on donations to design and implement the work and achieve the outcomes with respect to education, health and protection for children, any changes in the quantum of donations adversely impacts the program outcomes. We recognize the importance of donations and want to ensure we establish appropriate principles of transparency and fairness with regard to the management of refunds.
This policy outlines the circumstances under which Rotary Club of Calcutta Visionaries (hereafter ‘Rotary Visionaries’) will refund a donation. This policy is applicable for only for Non-earmarked donations. Donations to specific project donations are not refundable.
This policy applies to all those who make financial donations to Rotary Visionaries and to Rotary Visionaries employees and volunteers responsible for processing and managing financial donations.
Rotary Visionaries expects that anyone wishing to donate considers their decision carefully and checks donation amounts during transactions. Rotary Visionaries recognizes that it is possible to make an error when making an on-line donation or for the donors to change their mind about the donation made. It can also occur that an error is made by Rotary Visionaries or our payment gateway. Under this policy Rotary Visionaries will endeavor to refund donations in accordance with the following rules:
- If an error is made in making a donation or if the donor changes their mind, we will honour all requests for refund that are made in writing within 15 (fifteen) days of the date the donation was made. The written refund request should include the details of the initial transaction including date, donation amount, donor’s name, ID, tax invoice number and the nature of the error.
- Written requests for refund can be sent by email or mail:
- Email: email@example.com
- Correspondence address: RC Calcutta Visionaries Trust, c/o Alpha Systems, 203B Kamalalay Centre, 156A Lenin Sarani,Kolkata 700013
- Rotary Visionaries will fully examine all requests for refund and endeavor to ensure that genuine errors are rectified. However, after 15days Rotary Visionaries is under no obligation to give refunds and the decision on refunds will be at Rotary Visionaries’s discretion.
- Rotary Visionaries will only process refunds on return of tax exemption certificate or a written declaration that the previous receipt will not be used by donor
- Based on the written request from a donor, amount is adjusted by Rotary Visionaries, the original donor receipt issued for the incorrect amount will become invalid and a new receipt will be issued by Rotary Visionaries for the amount of the adjusted donation
- Rotary Visionaries reserves the right to pass any refund transaction charged onto the donor
- Refunds will be returned using the original method of payment – for example if a donation has been made by credit card, the refund will be credited by Rotary Visionaries to that same credit card
- Should an error be made by Rotary Visionaries or our financial institution(s), a refund of the full amount will be made once Rotary Visionaries is notified of the error in writing.